It’s that time of the week again! I’ve really been lucky enough to make it a week that included some decent self care. Here are the things that have made me happy in the last week…
I got my hair cut
I was starting to feel a bit shaggy and tired with my hair long. I hadn’t had an appointment since October 2014. I don’t know how that happened! It was mostly by choice (I didn’t feel the need and didn’t mind growing it longer), but to be honest, it was also a logistical thing. I kept choosing other stuff to do with my precious alone time. I didn’t want to ‘waste’ the few hours it would take to get my hair done and to be honest, I wanted to put my money elsewhere too.
I didn’t have anything crazy done – just lopped off the dry ends and turned my long hair into a long bob. Or a shaggy lob as I am told it is called. I think I’ll coin the term shlob. Very fitting haha.
My hair feels and looks so much healthier and I feel refreshed. Yay. I don’t think I’ll wait that long between appointments next time!
I painted my nails
I had left my nails plain for a while. It was fun to take the time to put some new polish on and get some glitter on those tips! I felt classier right away. Hair AND nails in one week – FANCY!
But wait, there’s more!
I upgraded my Fitbit from a Flex to a Charge HR
I had wanted to do this for ages, because I loved the idea of being able to track my heart rate and get more of an accurate idea of what my body is doing each day. I am highly motivated by seeing my stats. I love my new tracker! It has given me the boost I’ve needed to keep working at things. I love that it has an actual watch style strap (I broke the clasp on my flex countless times), tells me the time and I can count the floors I’ve climbed in a day. I’m obsessed.
It’s been so nice to see sunshine every day. It finally feels like spring has kicked in for reals. I’m so ready.
Great social connections
Even though I’ve been feeling exhausted and a bit burnt out this week, I have been lucky enough to socialise a little. I know some rad people who make me laugh. The kinds of people I can chat with about anything. Very grateful. I often feel like I walk a very fine wire between being an introvert and an extrovert. If I get the balance out of whack I fall off and I feel like shit. I think I got it right this past week and that is always a great feeling.
Other stuff that’s made me happy…
- Facing things that made me feel nervous and then finding that they weren’t so scary.
- Resting when I needed to. Listening to my body.
- Awesome people entering the competition for my Banana Boat giveaway – I feel like so much less of a loser when that happens haha. Give it a go – there’s still a week to go before it closes x
- Not having writer’s block for a week.
- Snap chatting with friends and family. It’s silly but it’s fun.
- Watching the Little Mister and our dogs running about on my parents’ property.
- My bed. Because I love sleeping in it. Ha.
- The West Coast Eagles making it into the AFL grand final – YOU BEAUTY!
What has made you happy this week? x