I am Kez Unprepared. That is not my dog in the picture. But he’s bloody cute, isn’t he?
It’s been a while since I updated this page about myself and the blog (established 2011 when I found out I was pregnant with my son – the Little Mister)!
The blog is named Awesomely Unprepared because I feel like that’s my perpetual state of being! I mean, I am an over thinker who tries really hard to know what I’m in for, but life can definitely throw us those curve-balls and I try to navigate my way through it all with a sense of humour and a buttload of resilience (the stuff I’m always working on) as best I can!
I write about the things that inspire me, the stuff I go through, and I really do it for the love of writing and documenting my life as an Aussie mum, wife, and woman figuring out how to live her best life (thanks Oprah – homies forever).
Some might choose to refer to me as a ‘mummy blogger’ and I totally understand why, but gosh that term is a bit naff and I like to think I’m a bit more than that!
I’m a bit sweary, but I am always honest (no picture perfect #blessed shit if I’m just not feeling it) and have a pretty strong bullshit allergy. I think we’ll get along if you feel the same way!
Right now I am hangry with gestational diabetes and itchy with PUPPP rash, counting down the weeks until I get to meet the Little Mister’s baby sister (official due date: Feb 2018). She’s our little IVF miracle after a 3 year bout with secondary infertility. We’re all pretty excited.
Other stuff you might want to know about me (in bullet form):
- I was born in South Korea and adopted as a baby – am now Aussie AF.
- I live in WA – it’s pretty awesome here.
- I am addicted to binge watching TV shows like Catfish and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, despite my better judgement. I draw the line at the housewives of anywhere…don’t know why. I mean, it’s not like I have standards that are super lofty haha. I also love true crime stuff, but will only watch it during the middle of the day or with my husband around. Because I’m easily creeped out. I am a complex person.
- I don’t buy into the bullshit internet mummy/daddy wars easily. So I have that going for me. This is a ‘judgemental bitch’ free zone.
- I love receiving your comments and being a part of a community. I’ll always try to reply and have a squiz at what you’re up to as well. No weird snobby moments here!
- I have two dogs (not pictured haha). One is a lumpy old bitch with PTSD who will outlive us all and the other is a dope who is quite smart but lacks common sense.
- If you want my love, you’ll bring me mojitos (when I’m not pregnant of course).
- I once did half a teaching degree, but I did complete a bachelor of behavioural science (with a minor in counselling).
- I love a good dad joke. Or is that a bad dad joke?
- Daggy spontaneous dance parties are the only way to get through doing the dishes or doing housework.
Thanks for reading and I hope to see you around here (and on my social media)!
Page last updated: January 2018.